$2.5 million in student scholarships from THE College oF AG and its departments - 2019-20
1010 recipients of college of ag scholarships
726 recipients of AG departmental scholarships
The College of Agriculture has several scholarships available for prospective students as well as students currently enrolled in the college. The College of Agriculture awards over $2.5 million in scholarships each year to the undergraduate students in the college, made possible by the generous support of our Alumni and Friends. The College of Agriculture recognizes scholastic capability, qualities of leadership, citizenship and character as well as FFA and 4-H participation.
The College of Agriculture Scholarship application for the 2021-22 academic year is now opened.
Disclaimer: The Purdue University College of Agriculture application must be completed in one attempt. The submission is only allowed when all questions have been answered. It cannot be saved, and then come back to it to complete. Use the worksheets below. Answer the questions on the worksheet. Then copy and paste your answers into the AG Scholarship application.
Worksheet for College of Agriculture Scholarship Application for Beginners for 2021-2022
Worksheet for College of Agriculture Scholarship Application for Current Students for 2021-2022
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR BEGINNERS FOR 2021-2022 - Deadline 12/15/2020
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR CURRENT STUDENTS FOR 2021-2022 - Deadline 02/01/2021
NOTE: To apply for external scholarship applications through Purdue University Division of Financial Aid, visit www.purdue.scholarshipuniverse.com.
Table of Contents
The links below will provide you a list of scholarships by department.
Transfer to Purdue AG Scholarship
The $1,000 non-renewable Transfer to Purdue AG Scholarship is given to transfer students for their admitted academic year to Purdue University College of Agriculture. The number of scholarships awarded varies.
To be considered for this scholarship, transfer students must have at least a 3.0 GPA at their current or previous higher learning institution. Completed application and current transcript is due by April 15, 2021. Click here for the
Scholarships at most institutions are broken into three simple steps: researching, applying and awarding. Students should consider following these steps, paying close attention to dates and deadlines and always ask questions. Below is a calendar that highlights the important dates in the scholarship process.
Researching: SEPTEMBER– DECEMBER
- Students should be researching and looking for scholarships. The College of Agriculture and its departments scholarships are listed above. Take advantage of the Other Opportunities listed to the left. Many Purdue students have obtained National and Indiana Agriculture Scholarships.
NEW STUDENTS APPLYING TO PURDUE AG: To maximize consideration for Purdue merit scholarships, including College of Agriculture scholarships, the admission application and all required supporting materials must be received by or post marked by
November 1, 2020.
Applying: OCTOBER – FEBRUARY
- The online scholarship application for the 2021-2022 academic year is open on October 1, 2020.
- STUDENTS APPLYING TO BECOME PURDUE AG STUDENTS FOR THE 2021-22 ACADEMIC YEAR: The College of Agriculture Scholarship application will close on December 15, 2020. Students do not have to be admitted to Purdue to complete the College of Agriculture Scholarship Application. Students do have to be admitted to receive the College of Agriculture Scholarships. The one application will consider all students for each scholarship.
- CURRENT PURDUE AG STUDENTS FOR THE 2021-22 ACADEMIC YEAR: The College of Agriculture Scholarship Application will close on February 1, 2021.
- This one application considers you for ALL the College of Agriculture scholarships. You do not apply for each scholarship separately. Some Agriculture Departments have an additional paper application as well. Consult the Department List above for details.
Applying: Transfer to Purdue AG Scholarship - JANUARY - APRIL
Awarding: FEBRUARY – MAY
Admitted transfer students to the College of Agriculture may apply
Application closes on April 15, 2021.
- The online scholarship application for College of Agriculture new admit students will close on
December 15, 2020.
- The online scholarship application for current College of Agriculture students will close on February 1, 2021.
- College of Agriculture Scholarships for incoming freshman in the College of Agriculture will be awarded by
February 15, 2021.
- College of Agriculture Scholarships for current College of Agriculture students will be awarded by
May 1, 2021.
- College of Agriculture Scholarships for transfer students in the College of Agriculture will be awarded by
May 1, 2021.
Thanking Purdue Agriculture Scholarship Donors
Scholarships are made possible through the generous support of alumni and friends of Purdue Agriculture.
It is important to acknowledge those contributions which help ease the financial burden of attending college for so many of our students.
With this in mind, thanking the donor who generously donated your scholarship is a sincere and courteous gesture. The donor will also see how their gift to you and Purdue Agriculture is being utilized and benefiting our many talented and deserving students scholars. If you received more than one scholarship you are expected to write a thank you letter for each scholarship you received. Letters should be addressed to donors; this information is supplied in your award notification. The following tips and sample letters will guide you through writing a proper donor thank you letter.
Paying for Purdue
It is increasingly important for college-bound students and their families to be well informed about how to pay for college. There are many options available, as every person’s situation is slightly different. Remember that a college education is an investment in your future. A Purdue degree can be your ticket to rewarding career opportunities, higher earnings and increased influence, in the community and the world beyond.
Below are many different links that help provide an overview of ways to financially prepare for college.
If you have questions about the process or run into problems, please contact Sherrelyn Meyer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by phone at 765.494.8482.