- Bagnall, D.K., C.L.S. Morgan, M. Cope, G.M. Bean, S.B. Cappellazzi,.…….T. J. Vyn,………….., C. W. Honeycutt (Total of 106 authors). 2022. Carbon-sensitive pedotransfer functions for plant available water. Accepted in Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. https://doi.org/10.1002/saj2.20395
- Olson, M.B.*, M.M. Crawford, and T.J. Vyn. 2022. Hyperspectral indices for predicting nitrogen use efficiency in maize hybrids. Remote Sensing 14, 1721. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs14071721
- Rieke, L.E., S.B. Cappellazzi, M. Cope, D. Liptzin, G. Mac Bean,…….T. J. Vyn,….C.L.S. Morgan, C. W. Honeycutt (Total of 109 authors). 2022. Linking soil microbial community structure to potential carbon mineralization: A continental scale assessment of reduced tillage. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. Volume 168, 108618. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soilbio.2022.108618
- Olmedo Pico, L.B., Vyn, T.J., 2021. Dry matter gains in maize kernels are dependent on their nitrogen accumulation rates and duration during grain filling. Plants 10, 1222. https://doi.org/10.3390/plants10061222
- Olmedo Pico, L.B., Zhang, C., Vyn, T.J., 2021. The central role of ear nitrogen uptake in maize endosperm cell and kernel weight determination during the lag period. F. Crop. Res. 273, 108285. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2021.108285
- Pasley, Heather R., James J. Camberato, Jill E. Cairns, Mainassara Zaman-Allah, Biswanath Das, and Tony J. Vyn. 2020. Nitrogen rate impacts on tropical maize nitrogen use efficiency and soil nitrogen depletion in eastern and southern Africa. Nutrient Cycling and Agroecosystems (Feb., 2020). https://doi.org%2F10.1007%2Fs10705-020-10049-x Open Access
- Jim Gaffney, James Bing, Patrick F. Byrne, Kenneth, G. Cassman, Ignacio Ciampitti, Deborah Delmer, Jeffrey Habben, H. Renee Lafitte, Ulrika E. Lidstrom, Dana O. Porter, John E. Sawyer, Jeff Schussler, Tim Stetter, Robert E. Sharp, Tony J. Vyn, David Warner. 2019. Science-based intensive agriculture: Sustainability, food security, and the role of technology. Global Food Security 23: 236-244.
View the Publication
- Mueller, S.M., C.D. Messina, and T.J. Vyn. 2019. The role of the expnential and linear phases of maize (Zea mays L.) ear growth for determination of kernel number and kernel weight. European Journal of Agronomy 111 #125939
- H.R. Pasley, J.E. Cairns, J.J. Camberato, T.J. Vyn. 2019. Nitrogen fertilizer rate increases plant uptake and soil availability of essential nutrients in continuous maize production in Kenya and Zimbabwe. Nutr Cycl Agroecosyst Pages 1-17.
View the Publication
- Mueller, S.M., C.D. Messina, and T.J. Vyn. 2019. Simultaneous gains in grain yield and nitrogen efficiency over 70 years of maize genetic improvement. Scientific Reports 9: 9095 p. 1-9. View the Publication
- Omonode, R.A. and T.J. Vyn. 2019. Tillage and nitrogen source impacts on relationships between nitrous oxide emission and nitrogen recovery efficiency in corn. J.EQ Pages 421-429.
View the Publication
- Mueller, S.M. and T.J. Vyn*. 2018. Physiological constraints to realizing maize grain yield recovery with silking-stage nitrogen fertilizer applications. Field Crops Research 228: 102-109.
- Mueller, S.M.*, H.R. Pasley, L. Olmedo Pico, S.D. Armstrong, R. Sripada and T.J. Vyn. 2018. Re-evaulation of soil N sampling strategy effects on statistical power. Commun. Soil Sci. & Plant Anal. Published July 9, 2018.
View the Publication
- Mueller, S.M., and T.J. Vyn. 2018. Can late-split nitrogen application increase ear nitrogen accumulation rate during the critical period in maize? Crop Science 58:1-12. doi:10.2135/cropsci2017.0200118 Open Accces.
View the Publication
- Chen, Keru, and Tony J. Vyn*. 2017. Post-silking factor consequences for N efficiency changes over 38 years of commercial maize hybrids. Frontiers in Plant Science (8:1737 1-18) View the Publication
- Li, G., B. Zhao, S., Dong, J. Zhang, P. Liu and T.J. Vyn. 2017. Impact of controlled release on urea on maize yield and nitrogen use efficiency under different water conditions. PLoS ONE 12 (7): doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0181774
View the Publication
- Mueller, S.M., J. Camberato, C. Messina, J. Shanahan, H. Zhang and T.J. Vyn*. 2017. Late-split N applications increased maize plant N recovery but not yield under moderate to high N rates. Agron. J. 109:2589-2699. doi: 10.2134/agronj2017.05.0282 View the Publication
- De Oliveira Silva, A., J.J. Camberato, T. Coram, T. Filley, and T.J. Vyn*. 2017. Applicability of a "multi-stage pulse labeling" 15N approach to phenotype N dynamics in maize plant components during the growing season. Front. Plant Sci. 8: 1-17. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.01360 View the Publication
- *Kovacs,P., and T.J. Vyn*. 2017. Relationships between ear-leaf nutrient concentrations and silking and corn biomass and grain yields at maturity. Agron. J. 109: 2898-2906. doi: 10.2134/agronj2017.02.0119 View the Publication
- Omonode.R.A., A.D. Halvorson, B. Gagnon, and T.J. Vyn*. 2017. Achieving lower nitrogen balance and higher nitrogen recovery efficiency reduces nitrous oxide emissions in North America's maize cropping systems. Frontiers in Plant Science 8:1080. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2017.01080 View the Publication
- Chen.K.*, J.J. Camberato, and T.J. Vyn*. 2017. Maize grain yield and kernel component relationships to morphophysiological hybrids separated by four decades. Crop Science 57 (3): 1-17.DOI: 10.3235/cropsci2016.06.0540
View the Publication
- Chen, K.* J.J. Camberato, M.R. Tuinstra, S.V. Kumudini, M. Tollenaar, and T.J. Vyn*. 2016. Genetic improvement in density and nitrogen stress tolerance traits over 38 years of commercial maize hybrid release. Field Crops Res. 196 438-451. doi: 10.1016/j.fer2016 07.025. View the Publication
- Mueller, S.M.* and T.J. Vyn* .2016. Maize plant resilience to N stress and post-silking N capacity changes over time: A review. Frontiers in Plant Science 7:53 1-14 View the Publication
- Chen,K., Kumudini, S.V., Tollenar, M., and Vyn, T.J*, 2015. Plant biomass and nitrogen partitioning changes between silking and maturity in newer versus older maize hybrids. Field Crops Research. 183:315-328. View the Publication
- Kovacs, P.*, G.E. Van Scoyoc, T.A. Doerge, J.J. Camberato, and T.J. Vyn*. 2015. Anhydrous Ammonia Timing and Rate Effects on Maize N Use Efficiencies. Agronomy Journal 107: 1205-1214. doi:10.2134/agronj14.0350
View the Publication
- Omonode, R.A*, Kovacs, P., & Vyn, T.J.* 2015. Tillage and nitrogen rate effects on area-and yield-scaled nitrous oxide emissions from pre-plant anhydrous ammonia. Agronomy Journal 107:605-614, doi: 10.2134/agronj14.0440 View the Publication
- Ciampitti, I. A.* & Vyn, T. J.* (2014). Understanding global and historical nutrient use efficiencies for closing maize yield gaps. Agronomy Journal, 106: 634-644. Retrieved from https://goo.gl/qv6kSx . This article has been downloaded > 3,000 times
- Kovács, P.* & Vyn, T. J.* (2014). Full-season retrospectives on causes of plant-to-plant variability in maize grain yield response to nitrogen and tillage. Agronomy Journal, 106(5): 1746-1757. Retrieved from: https://goo.gl/w2gxSr
- Kovács, P.*, Doerge, T. A., Van Scoyoc, G. E., Camberato, J. J., & Vyn, T. J.* (2014). Pre-plant anhydrous ammonia placement consequences on no-till versus conventional maize growth and nitrogen responses. Agronomy Journal, 106: 634-644. Retrieved from: https://goo.gl/jYsXHL
- Kumudini, S.*, Andrade, F. H., Edmeades, G. O., Nielsen, R. L., Thomison, P. R., Vyn, T. J. and other authors, Tollenaar, M.* (2014). Predicting maize phenology: Intercomparison of functions for developmental response to temperature. Agronomy Journal, 106: 2087-2097. Retrieved from: https://goo.gl/yFFuQi
- Burzaco, J. P. *, I. A. Ciampitti, and T. J. Vyn*. 2014. Nitrapyrin impacts on maize yield and nitrogen use efficiency with spring-applied nitrogen: Field studies vs. meta-analysis comparison. Agronomy Journal 106:753-760. doi:10.2134/agronj2013.0043 https://www.agronomy.org/publications/aj/abstracts/106/2/753
- Kovacs*, P., G.E. Van Scoyoc, T. A. Doerge, J.J. Camberato, and T.J. Vyn*. 2014. Pre-plant anhydrous ammonia placement consequences on no-till versus conventional maize growth and nitrogen responses. Agronomy Journal 106:634-644. doi:10.2134/agronj2013.0356 Open Access: https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/aj/abstracts/106/2/634
- Ciampitti, I.A., T. J. Vyn. 2014. Nutrient sufficiency concepts for modern corn hybrids: Impacts of management practices and yield levels. Crop Management 13 (1): 1-7. https://doi.org/10.2134/CM-2013-0022-RS
- Boyer, J.S., P. B. Byrne, K.G. Cassman, M. Cooper, D. Delmer, T. Greene, F. Gruis, J. Habben, N. Hausmann, N. Kenny, R. Lafitte, S. Paszkiewicz, D. Porter, A. Schlegel, J. Schussler, T. Setter, J. Shanahan, R.E. Sharp, T.J. Vyn, D. Warner, and J. Gaffney*. 2013. The U.S. drought of 2012 in perspective: A call to action. Global Food Security 2:139-143. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gfs.2013.08.002
Burzaco, J. P., D.R. Smith, and T.J. Vyn*. 2013. Nitrous oxide emissions in Midwest US maize production vary widely with band-injected N fertilizer rates, timing and nitrapyrin presence. Environmental Research Letters 8 (3): 1-11. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/3/035031
Ciampitti*, I. A., J. J. Camberato, S. T. Murrell, and T. J. Vyn*. 2013. Maize nutrient accumulation and partitioning in response to plant density and nitrogen rate: 1. Macronutrients. Agronomy Journal 105(3): 783-795. doi:10.2134/agronj2012.0467
Ciampitti*, I. A., S. T. Murrell, J. J. Camberato, M. Tuinstra, Y. Xia, P. Friedemann, and T. J. Vyn*. 2013. Physiological dynamics of maize nitrogen uptake and partitioning in response to plant density and nitrogen stress factors: I. Vegetative phase. Crop Science, 53(6): 2588-2602.
Ciampitti*, I. A., S. T. Murrell, J. J. Camberato, M. Tuinstra, Y. Xia, P. Friedemann, and T. J. Vyn*. 2013. Physiological dynamics of maize nitrogen uptake and partitioning in response to plant density and nitrogen stress factors: II. Reproductive phase. Crop Science, 53(6): 2588-2602.
Seo, J.*, T.J. Vyn, A. Gál, and D.R. Smith. 2012. Soil greenhouse gas emissions from three decades long-term experimental field of corn-soybean rotation and tillage treatments. Korean J. Crop Sci. 57 (1): 89-97.
Ciampitti, I. A.*, H. Hao, P. Friedemann, and T.J. Vyn*. 2012. Potential physiological frameworks for mid-season field phenotyping of final plant N uptake, N use efficiency and grain yield in maize. Crop Science 52:2728-2742. doi:10.2135/cropsci2012.05.0305
Robles, M., I.A. Ciampitti, and T.J. Vyn*. 2012. Responses of maize hybrids to twin-row spatial arrangement at multiple plant densities. Agron. J. 104:1747-1756. doi:10.2134/agronj2012.0231
This article, with >420 citations to date, in Field Crops Research, an int’l. journal with an Impact Factor of 5.24 (began publication in 1978).
Ciampitti, Ignacio A.*, and Tony J. Vyn*. 2011. A comprehensive study of plant density consequences on nitrogen uptake dynamics of maize plants from vegetative to reproductive stages. Field Crops Res. 121: 2-8.
Boomsma, C.R.*, J.B. Santini, T.D. West, J.C. Brewer*, L.M. McIntyre, and T. J. Vyn.*, 2010. Maize grain yield responses to plant height variability resulting from crop rotation and tillage system in a long-term experiment. Soil Tillage Res. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.still.2009.12.006
Boomsma, C.R.*, and T.J. Vyn*. 2008. Maize drought tolerance: Potential improvements through arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis? Field Crops Research 108: 14-31
. >200 citations to date.
Creech, J. E., A. Westphal, V. R. Ferris, J. Faghihi, T. J. Vyn, J. B. Santini, and W. G. Johnson*. 2008. Influence of winter annual weed management and crop rotation on soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) and winter annual weeds. Weed Sci. 56:103-111.
(ARP manuscript no. 2007-18154).
Gonzalo, M.*, T. J. Vyn, J. B. Holland & L. M. McIntyre. 2007. Mapping reciprocal effects and interactions with plant density stress in Zea mays L. Heredity 2007 99:14-30; 10.1038/sj.hdy.6800955.
Gál, A.*, T.J. Vyn*, E. Michéli, E.J. Kladivko, and W.W. McFee. 2007. Soil carbon and nitrogen accumulation with long-term no-till versus moldboard plowing overestimated with tilled-zone sampling depths. Soil Tillage Research. 96:42-51. 3rd most cited paper (>280) from my program.
Omonode, R.A., T.J. Vyn*, D.R. Smith, P. Hegymegi, and A. Gál. 2007. Soil carbon dioxide and methane fluxes from long-term tillage systems in continuous corn and corn-soybean rotations. Soil and Tillage Research. 95:182-195.
Janovicek, K. J.*, W. Deen, and T. J. Vyn. 2006. Soybean response to zone tillage, twin-row planting, and row spacing. Agron. J. 98:800:807.
Omonode, R. A., and T. J. Vyn*. 2006. Vertical distribution of soil organic carbon and nitrogen under warm season native grasses relative to croplands. Agric., Ecosystems & Envir. Vol. 17 (issues 2-3):159-170.
Gonzalo, M.*, J. Holland, T. Vyn and L. McIntyre. 2006. Mapping density response in maize: a direct approach for testing genotype and treatment interactions. Genetics 173:331-348.
Omonode, R.A., A. Gál*, D.E. Stott, T.S. Abney and T.J. Vyn*. 2006. Short-term versus continuous chisel and no-till effects on soil carbon and nitrogen. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 70:419-425.
Omonode, R.A., and T.J. Vyn*. 2006. Spatial dependence and relationships of electrical conductivity to soil organic matter, phosphorus and potassium, Soil Science 171(3):223-238. Yin, X. and T.J. Vyn*. 2005. Relationships of isoflavone, oil, and protein in seed with yield of soybean. Agron. J. 97:1314-1321.
Yin, X. and T.J. Vyn*. 2004. Critical leaf potassium concentrations for yield and seed quality of conservation-till soybean. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 68:1626-1634.
Yin, X.* and T.J. Vyn*. 2004. Residual effects of potassium placement in conservation-till corn on subsequent no-till soybean. Soil and Tillage Research 75:151-159.
Yin, X.*, and T. J. Vyn*. 2003. Previous corn row effects on potassium nutrition and yield of subsequent no-till soybean. J. Plant Nutrition 26 (7):1383-1402.
Drury, C.F., C.S. Tan, W.D. Reynolds, T.W. Welacky, S.E. Weaver, A.S. Hammill, and T.J. Vyn. 2003. Impacts of zone tillage and red clover on corn performance and soil physical quality. Agron. J. 67:867-877.
Yin, X.H.*, and T.J. Vyn*. 2003. Potassium placement effects on yield and seed composition of no-till soybean seeded in alternate row widths. Agron. J. 95:126-132.
Vyn, T.J.*, and D.C. Hooker. 2002. Assessment of multiple- and single-factor stress impacts on corn. Field Crops Res. 75:123-137.
Vyn, T.J.*, X. Yin*, T.W. Bruulsema, C.C Jackson, I. Rajcan, and S.M. Brouder. 2002. Potassium fertilization effects on isoflavone concentrations in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.]. J. Agric. Food Chem. 50:3501-3506.
Yin, X.*, and T.J. Vyn*. 2002. Residual effects of potassium placement and tillage systems for corn on subsequent no-till soybean. Agron. J. 94:112-1119.
Garcia-Garca, J.A., S. Neumann, T.J. Vyn and G.J. Boland. 2002. Influence of crop rotation and tillage on production of apothecia by Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Can. J. Plant Pathology, Volume 24(2): 137-143.
Yin, X.*, and T. J. Vyn*. 2002. Soybean responses to potassium placement and tillage alternatives following long-term no-till. Agron. J. 94:1367-74.
Vyn, T.J*., D.M. Galic and K.J. Janovicek. 2002. Corn response to potassium placement in conservation tillage. Soil Tillage Res. 67(2):159-169.
Vyn, T.J.*, and K.J. Janovicek*. 2001. Potassium placement and tillage system effects on corn response following long-term no-till. Agron. J. 93:487-495.
Vyn*, T.J., J.G. Faber*, K.J. Janovicek*, and E.G. Beauchamp. 2000. Cover crop management effects on nitrogen availability to corn following wheat. Agron. J. 92:915-924.
Yiridoe, E.K., T.J. Vyn, A. Weersink, D.C. Hooker*, and C. Swanton. 2000. Farm-level profitability analysis of alternative tillage systems on clay soils. Can. J. Plant Sci.80 (1): 65-73.
Yiridoe, E.K., A. Weersink, D.C. Hooker*, T.J. Vyn, and C. Swanton. 2000. Income risk analysis of alternative corn and soybean production on clay soils. Can. J. Agric. Econ. 48(2):161-174.
Swanton, C.J., T.J. Vyn, K. Chandler, and A. Shresthra. 1999. Alternative weed control strategies for no-till soybean (Glycine max) grown on clay soils. Weed Technology 12:660-669.
Vyn, T.J., K.J. Janovicek*, M.H. Miller, and E.G. Beauchamp. 1999. Soil nitrate accumulation and corn response to preceding small grain N fertilization and cover crops. Agron. J. 91:17-24.
Wanniarachi, S.D., R.P. Voroney, T.J. Vyn, R.P. Beyaert, and A.F. MacKenzie. 1999. Tillage effects on the dynamics of soil total and corn-derived organic matter in two south ON soils. Can. J. Soil Sci. 79:473-480.
Vyn, T.J., and M. Tollenaar. 1998. Physical and chemical parameters of corn grain associated with three decades of maize yield improvement. Field Crop Res. 59:135-140.
Vyn, T.J., G. Opoku* and C.J. Swanton. 1998. Residue management and minimum tillage systems for soybeans following wheat. Agron. J. 90:131-138.
Hooker, D.C.*, T.J. Vyn* and C.J. Swanton. 1998. Alternative weed strategies in conservation tillage systems for white beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Can. J. Plant Sci. 78:363-370.
Ding, W., D.J. Hume, T.J. Vyn and E.G. Beauchamp. 1998. N credit of soybean to a following corn crop in central Ontario. Can. J. Plant Sci. 78:29-33.
Dapaah, H.K.*, and T.J. Vyn. 1998. Nitrogen fertilization and cover crop effects on soil structural stability and corn performance. Comm. Soil Sci. & Plant Anal. 29: 2557-2569.
Opoku, G.*, and T.J. Vyn. 1997. Wheat residue management options for no-till corn. Can. J. Plant Sci. 77:207-213.
Opoku, G.*, T.J. Vyn* and C.J. Swanton. 1997. Modified no-till systems for corn following wheat on clay soils. Agron. J. 89:549-556.
Hooker, D.C.*, T.J. Vyn and C.J. Swanton. 1997. Effectiveness of soil-applied herbicides with mechanical weed control for conservation tillage systems in soybean. Agron. J. 89:579-587.
Janovicek, K.J.*, T.J. Vyn and R.P. Voroney. 1997. No-till corn response to crop rotation and in-row residue placement. Agron. J. 89:588-596.
Janovicek, K.J.*, T.J. Vyn, R.P. Voroney and O.B. Allen. 1997. Early corn seedling growth response to acetic, propionic and butyric acids. Can. J. Plant Sci. 77: 333-337.
Janovicek, K.J.*, T.J. Vyn, R.P. Voroney and O.B. Allen. 1997. Early corn seedling growth response to phenolic acids. Can. J. Plant Sci. 77: 391-393.
Opoku, G.*, T.J. Vyn and R.P. Voroney. 1997. Wheat straw placement effects on total phenolic compounds in soil and corn seedling growth. Can. J. Plant Sci. 77:301-305.
Aflakpui, G.K.S., T.J. Vyn, G.W. Anderson, D.R. Clements, M.R. Hall, and C.J. Swanton. 1994. Crop management systems for corn following established alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.). Can. J. Plant Sci. 74:255-259.
Stewart, G.A.*, and T.J. Vyn*. 1994. Influence of high axle loads and tillage systems on soil properties and grain corn yield. Soil Tillage Research 129:229-235.
Vyn, T.J., and B.A. Raimbault. 1993. Long-term impact of five tillage systems on corn response and soil structure. Agron. J. 85:1074-1079.
Tollenaar, M., M. Mihajlovic and T.J. Vyn. 1993. Corn growth following cover crops: Influence of cereal cultivar, cereal removal, and nitrogen rate. Agron. J. 85:251-255.
Aflakpui, G.K.S., T.J. Vyn, M.R. Hall, G.W. Anderson and C.J. Swanton. 1993. Effect of tillage on nitrogen response in corn (Zea mays L.) after established alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.). Can. J. Plant Sci. 73:73-81.
Tollenaar, M., M. Mihajlovic and T.J. Vyn. 1992. Annual phytomass production of a rye-corn double cropping system in Ontario. Agron. J. 84:963-967
Clarke, N.D., M.D. McLeish and T.J. Vyn. 1992. Using certainty factors and possibility theory methods in a tillage selection expert system. Expert Systems Appl. 4:53-62.
Vyn, T.J. and B.A. Raimbault. 1992. Evaluation of strip tillage systems for corn production in Ontario. Soil Tillage Research 19:163-176.
Vyn, T.J., J.C. Sutton and B.A. Raimbault. 1991. Crop sequence and tillage effects on winter wheat development and yield. Can. J. Plant Sci. 71:669-676.
Raimbault, B.A., T.J. Vyn and M. Tollenaar. 1991. Corn response to rye cover crop, tillage methods and planter options. Agron. J. 83:207-217.
Raimbault, B.A. and T.J. Vyn. 1991. Crop rotation and tillage effects on corn growth and soil structural stability. Agron. J. 83:979-985.
Farquharson, B.J., R.P. Voroney, E.G. Beauchamp and T.J. Vyn. 1990. The use of calcium nitrate to reduce the accumulation of phytotoxins produced during residue decomposition. Can. J. Soil Sci. 70:723-726.
Vyn T.J., J.A. Stone and B.A. Raimbault. 1990. Corn development and crop yield response to ridge planting systems on a poorly drained soil in Southwestern Ontario. Soil Till. Research 18:207-217.
Stone, J.A., T.J. Vyn and N.D. Clarke. 1990. Ridge tillage for corn and soybean production on clay and clay-loam soils in southwestern Ontario - a review. Soil Tillage Research 18:219-230.
Sutton, J.C. and T.J. Vyn. 1990. Crop sequences and tillage practices in relation to diseases of winter wheat in Ontario. Can. J. Plant Pathology 12:358-368.
Raimbault, B.A., T.J. Vyn and M. Tollenaar. 1990. Corn response to rye cover crop management and spring tillage systems in Southern Ontario. Agron. J. 82:1088-1093.
Clarke, N.A., J.A. Stone and T.J. Vyn. 1990. Conservation tillage expert system for Southwestern Ontario: Multiple experts and decision techniques. J. Artificial Intelligence 4(2):78-84.
Stone, J.A., T.J. Vyn, H.D. Martin and P.H. Groenvelt. 1989. Ridge tillage and early season soil moisture and temperature on a poorly drained soil. Can. J. Soil Sci.69:181-186.
Moes, J. * and T.J. Vyn. 1988. Management effects on kernel breakage susceptibility of early maturing corn hybrids. Agron. J. 80:699-704.
Vyn, T.J. and J. Moes*. 1988. Breakage susceptibility of corn kernels in relation to crop management under long growing season condition. Agron. J. 80:915-920.
Gaynor, J.D., J.A. Stone and T.J. Vyn. 1987. Tillage systems and atrazine and alachlor residues in a poorly drained soil. Can. J. Soil Sci. 67:959-963.